Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wish I Could See You Again


On this day two years ago, a good friend of mine was taken away due to gun violence. I knew Nyasia Pryear-Yard since I was in elementary school and I couldn't believe it when I got a phone call about her passing. She didn't even make it to her 18th birthday. I've had my own instance where I could have been in the same situation and it makes me so grateful for life. They say that the good die young and she sure was a good person. She was into the arts and planned on going to college for it. I told myself that I would continue my artwork for her because someone stripped her of her ability to continue it for herself.

I did a Google search of her name today and it made me feel a little bit better to see that so many people have been looking up her story that it's on the instant search.


Sadly, the person(s) that shot her was not caught. She knows that we all miss her and she's always in our hearts.

This song is for her:

In Loving Memories - G Whizz




Read more to see the NY Times article about the incident.






http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/19/nyregion/19dead.html

1 comment: