Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dancehall Worldwide

As I watch all of these dance competition shows I can't help but notice that they're fairly limited. I would love to see there be contestant that considers his/herself a Dancehall dancer or something of that sort. I came across a YouTube video of a So You Think You Can Dance Canada and to my surprise, there was a Dancehall routine! I was surprised because it was a fairly recent song too - Clarks by Vybz Kartel & Popcaan.



While searching to see if there were other So You Think You Can Dance Dancehall routines, I came across this video where the true meaning and spirit of Dancehall is described. There's a swagger that you need when dancing Dancehall. I also found videos from the Australian, Finnish, and Polish So You Think You Can Dance. I think the one in Australia is the best.




Read more to see other performances of Dancehall internationally.





Australia



Poland

Fast forward to 1:35



Finland

No comments:

Post a Comment