Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Wow! This is the first and hopefully last big snowstorm of the season and the wind is outrageous! LaGuardia, NY recorded 10.2 inches of snow yesterday and I'm pretty sure there were around two feet in my neighborhood. 



I remember how fun snow was when I was younger but as I get older, these large amounts of snow just seem ridiculous because I have to help clear it up. Although I have great gloves, the cold still fights it's way through leaving my fingers a little swollen but luckily I'm back in my warm and cozy house. 



It would still be fun to make a snowman or snow angel in this snow. Fox News has reported that 6 to 32 inches has fallen throughout the Tri-State area. I was watching the news on the eve of Christmas Eve and there was a guy that makes these amazing snow sculptures and sprays them with color after he's made them. I wish I remembered where he was from so I could post some pictures of his work but there are others that make the best of these large amounts of snow.

Here are a couple of photos from the 27th Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival in Harbin, Heilongjiang province, China that will take place on January 5, 2011:





In less happy news, some people in Lafayette, Indiana are using snow sculptures inappropriately and annoying their neighbors... 


No comments:

Post a Comment